Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Brief Overview of My Goals for this Blog

Starting a blog has always been something I've wanted to do and I finally got the inspiration to do so after four friends started their own. I have several goals for establishing this blog, and although I doubt I'll ever achieve them all, I feel it is necessary for me to outline the ones that I can remember in this initial post.

Firstly, I'd like to enhance my writing abilities. I've always been fond of writing, and like most people, I desire to publish my own novel someday. I feel that by writing, in any form, can only help improve and inspire me to eventually accomplish that goal. I haven't had an English class since high school, although next semester I will be enrolled in the mandatory English 101 at NCSU, and I hope that this helps me to solidify my grasp on concepts that seem to evade me, such as grammar and punctuation. 



Secondly, I would like to connect, with both friends and complete strangers around the globe. I feel that by sharing my ideas with others, and then receiving and learning from their feedback, I can grow as an individual and learn to view ideas from multiple perspectives. I also feel that I have a unique viewpoint on some topics and hobbies which I would like to share with others.

Lastly, I am dedicated to being a lifetime learner and feel that I can explore a variety of topics through this blog. I hope to research and get hands on experience in a variety of areas which I've always found interesting and then share these experiences with my readers.



While the above is not a comprehensive description of my goals concerning this blog, I feel that the above goals are the most important to me. I have a few ideas for this blog, which will motivate me to keep to a regular posting schedule, such as weekly specials; however, I have yet to make a definite decision. For this first month of blogging, as a personal challenge to myself and in an effort to make this blog a regular part of my life, I will be posting at least once a day, regardless of how uninspired I feel. I hope this challenge helps me to grow as a writer and to learn to overcome writer's block.

I would like to both thank and apologize to those who actually took the time to read this post in it's entirety. I realize that an introductory post, while obligatory, is usually redundant of other blogs. I also apologize for my tone. I have yet to develop a conversational tone, although it is something I hope to achieve through this blog.

I look forward to seeing where this blog takes me!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you really don't have a conversational tone. I felt like I was reading a paper we had to do in high school. Not that it's a bad thing, you sound really intelligent. Well, you are really intelligent. But I'm really excited that you have a blog, too! Now we can be blog buddies!!! YAY!!! Haha.

    <3 Liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Liv! I sound intelligent? Well, that's always a good thing. I feel like I sound much older than I am. But I can't decide on whether I like that or not. Now it's time for me to go and comment on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heehee. Dooo itttt. <3 And yes, you do sound older than you are. So sophisticated. You make me sound like the country bumpkin I am.

    ReplyDelete