Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Procrastination Is Setting In

As much as I try to improve on my bad habits, procrastinating is one I think will stick with me for my entire life. There are times when I have a better handle on it than others. Those are my favorite times. My life is in much more order, and I tend to be in an overall better mood. My room is clean, my homework done, I might even be ahead in a few classes. My planner is up to date, my to-do list is complete. Then, there are days like today. I waited until after 11:00, yet again, to begin this post. I have yet to start any of my homework. My bedroom looks like it's been attacked by Sebastian, though that is partly true, and my planner is barren while my to-do list is staggering. And yet, I still sit here and put it off. I have no reason for why I do this, and I don't like it.



My favorite season is fall. There's something about coming back to campus, buying new school materials, opening my textbooks for the first time, taking my first class's notes, and breaking in my new pencils that I just love. The beginning of the fall semester is my most productive time of year. However, after Daylight Savings Time, as the amount of sunlight in the day begins to decline, so does my energy and activity. This year I managed to last a little longer before being affected; however, now I am feeling it. I am determined to fight it this year. Over the past few years since I've realized that I get like this, I have noticed certain activities that help me feel better. What makes me feel best is keeping myself busy. The busier I am, the more productive and cheerful I am. Making sure I get several hours of sunlight also helps. 



Luckily, there are several days scattered throughout the next few months that are sure to keep my spirits elevated. Thanksgiving, my grandfather's birthday, Christmas, New Years, and the last day of exams will all provide me with enough life to make it through yet another winter. I can't wait for the first snow of the year. Although I hate cold weather, if it's going to be cold I'd prefer it to snow. Last year we got more snow than usual, but with me as sick as I was I didn't get to enjoy it like I wanted to. It's my hope for this winter that we get a decent amount of snow here in Raleigh for me to enjoy.








2 comments: